CAREER AND EDUCATION:
- Professor (2015) in Plant Environmental Signalling, Department of Animal and Plant Sciences, University of Sheffield, UK
- Co-director of the P3 institute for Plant and Soil Biology (2013). http://p3.sheffield.ac.uk/
- Lecturer, ERC research fellow (2011) Department of Animal and Plant Sciences, University of Sheffield, UK
- Principal Investigator and BBSRC Research fellow (2008) Rothamsted Research, Centre of Sustainable Pest and Disease Management, UK.
- Principal Investigator and NWO-VENI Research fellow (2004) Department of Biology, Plant-Microbe Interactions, Utrecht University, The Netherlands.
- Post-doc (2004) Laboratory of Animal Ecology and Entomology, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- Post-doc (2001) Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- Post-doc (2001) Section Phytopathology, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- PhD in Biology. (2001) Section Phytopathology, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- MSc in Biology. (1996) Utrecht University, The Netherlands.
KEY RESEARCH INTERESTS:
- Molecular signalling and (epi)genetic basis of priming of plant immunity.
- Ecological impacts and agricultural potential of induced resistance in plants.
- Chemical interactions between plants, microbes, and insects.
FORMER GROUP MEMBERS:
- Dr. Shakoor Ahmad; Rothamsted Research, UK
- Dr. Yuhua Zhang; Rothamsted Research, UK
- Dr. Marieke van Hulten; Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- Dr. Sjoerd van der Ent; Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- 2014 -2018: Highly Cited Researcher and member of ‘the World’s most influential scientific minds’ – Thomson Reuters
- 2013: Leverhulme Research Leadership Award
- 2012: ERC consolidaror grant
- 2008: BBSRC-Institute Career Path fellowship Award
- 2004: NWO-VENI fellowship award for innovative Science
- 2001: Cum laude award for PhD degree
see list of lab publications